Montville Art Gallery
- Showcasing world-class original art from over 40 of the regions’ best artists, in the picturesque and historic town of Montville, Queensland, Australia.
- We ship world-wide, order and enquire through email, phone or call in to our gallery
- Learn to paint, easy to follow personalised tuition in small classes
- Gift Registry – have your special recipient choose a work of art or give a gift certificate. Perfect for weddings, anniversaries or any special milestone event
- Layby available on all works, with a 25% deposit and balance paid within 3 months
- Commissions – if you like a work but it needs to be bigger/smaller/different colour, we are happy to arrange commissions to accommodate your special requests
A Town Called Montville
Montville is a picturesque village in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, just 90 minutes north of Brisbane and 45 minutes south-west of Noosa. We are centrally located on the Sunshine Coast, just a 30 minute drive to Maroochydore and beaches.
Montville is regarded as being formally established in 1887, although timber loggers began work here from as early as 1850. The town quickly grew in the late 1800’s, with a transformation from logging, to dairy farming to a tourist area, with a profusion of guesthouses opening in the 1920’s. It has now developed into a perfect place for day-trippers and mini-breaks.
A stay in Montville may include a rejuvenating walk on one of our beautiful trails (part of the Great Walks of Southeast Qld), followed by a visit to a local winery that specialises in local produce overlooking the Obi Valley to the west and the ocean to the east. You can be accommodated in superb luxury or you can hide away in a romantic private cabin, some with open fires and spas to keep you warm in our gorgeous hinterland countryside.
A relaxing morning enjoying our sunny winter weather can be followed by some retail therapy in the Main Street of Montville. Whether you are looking for hand-crafted items, clothing, antiques, home wares or a special art piece, you will be sure to find just what you are looking for.
Dinner options range from a gastro-pub to fine dining, excellent coffee shops and cafes overlooking the coast. There is a local market on the second Saturday of the month at the village hall, and a growing wedding industry complementing some of the best venues available on the Sunshine Coast.